Yes, let’s be honest here. When I say “bread”, I mean cake. I am not quite sure how this kind of preparation got its deceiving name from, but the fact of the matter is, it’s got sugar, therefor it must be cake! This particular loaf happens to be vegan. I would like to say it is because I have resolved to be ethical and just this year, but really, it has to do with the lack of eggs and dairy in my fridge when the craving for baking hit me the other day. However vegan this cake may be, I dare you all to try it, vegan or not, and tell me the difference! Did I mention it’s a one-bowl/no fancy equipment wonder and the batter comes together in a matter of minutes? You are welcome. xxx
INGREDIENTS, serve 8-10
2 soft bananas, peeled and mashed with a fork
1 cup of shredded coconut
1-1/2 cup of self-raising flour (you can also use Gluten free self raising flour)
3/4 cup caster sugar (super fine sugar)
1 cup almond milk
zest and juice of 1 lime
1 cup of raspberries
- Preheat your oven to 170 C, 340 F
- Line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- Mix mashed bananas, milk, flour, sugar and shredded coconut together until a batter forms. Add lime zest and juice and mix though. Add 3/4 cup of raspberries in the mix and stir gently. Pour the batter into the tin.
- Dot the top with the remaining berries.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden and cooked though. Cool on a rack before slicing