Hi, my lovely, hungry friends, here are the recipes from our sixth episode of Wok X Pot , starring Marion Grasby and myself. The show is currently streaming on my (and on Marion’s) YouTube channel!! Please subscribe so we can keep producing more!!! Share the love, and leave us a comment, we love to hear from you!
Have you ever wondered how to make a lovely, healthy and Gluten free pea and pancetta soup? Or have you always wanted to make the ultimate, most authentic Tom Yum Soup? Watch our episode here
Marion and Silvia
Pea & Pancetta Soup (with crispy potato skins)
2 small brown onion, peeled and roughly chopped
2 garlic cloves, peeled and bashed with the palm of your hand
1/2 celery sticks, roughly chopped
2 medium sized potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped (keep the peel for roasting)
2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil (plus a few extra for the potato skins)
thyme leaves, to your liking
left over rind of parmesan (optional)
500 gr of frozen peas
salt and pepper for seasoning
8 thin pancetta slices (2 x person)
pea tendrils for serving (optional)
- Heat up the oil in a medium pot, add onion, garlic, celery, potatoes and thyme leaves and cook over medium heat for 3-4 minutes. Add rind and cover with water. Bring to a simmer and turn the heat to low. Cook for 20 minutes or until all the veggies are soft.
- Add the peas and cook for a further 5 minutes. Remove rind. Puree using an immersion blender. Taste for seasoning and adjust to your liking. Set aside.
- While the soup is cooking, place the potato skins in an oven tray lined with baking paper, toss with a little extra-virgin olive oil and salt. Arrange pancetta slices on the same tray, if there’ s room, or in a separate one, lined with baking paper. Bake at 200. Cook for 20-25 minutes, or until crispy. The pancetta will take less to bake, so remove it from the tray and set aside. Bake the potato skins for another 5 minutes or until crispy. Add herbs, if liked.
- Serve the soup in a bowl, top with black pepper, pea tendrils (optional), a few pancetta slices and serve with crispy potato skins
- For Marion’sTom Yum soup recipe, visit her FB page https://www.facebook.com/mariongrasby
CHECK OUT WOK X POT HERE
My new book LOVE, LAUGH, BAKE is out now!!!!