My name is Silvia Colloca and I am an Italian-born food lover living in Sydney, Australia.
Follow me on Silvia’s Cucina and I hope you will find my private insight of Italian family home-cooking joyful and inspiring.
A few things you should know about me
1. I am a self-proclaimed food lover
2. Although I have no official cooking training, having been exposed to Mamma and Nonna’s cooking since I was born has to count for something!
3. I am a professional actress both for stage and screen (big and small)
4. I have played the Vampire Queen twice! First in Universal Pictures’s VAN HELSING, then in UK’s comedy LESBIAN VAMPIRE KILLERS (no kidding! and no, it is NOT porn…) I have also played (sang the role, I should say!) the wicked Queen in Opera Queensland Production on SNOW-WHITE for The Brisbane Festival 2016. The reviews were amazing! (“Silvia Colloca is extraordinary as the mother – her sexiness and vulnerability wrap around each other beautifully through the piece and she easily navigates the highs and lows her character is gifted. Her eventual breakdown is a joy to watch” BRISBANE TIMES)
5. I am also a professional Opera singer and I attended Milan’s SCUOLA MUSICALE for 4 years. Here is Australia I have sung in various Opera productions, my favorite being ORFEO ED EURIDICE at the ART GALLERY OF NSW in 2015.
6. I have had the joy of singing in Europe’s most beautiful theaters such as The London Palladium, Berlin’s Tempodrom, Milan’s Teatro Nazionale, among others.
7. I have become an Australian citizen in July 2013
8. I have three children. Two boys, Raphael and Miro and Luna, my baby girl, born in 2017.
9. Both my children Raphael and Miro are bilingual and they attended school in Italy for a few months in 2017.
10. I have co-written, co-created and co-produced two TV shows. MADE IN ITALY WITH SILVIA COLLOCA for SBS and SILVIA’S ITALIAN TABLE for ABC (Both Australian networks). Made in Italy sold in over 23 countries and Italian Table is following suit!
11. In July-August 2012 I played the role of The Bride in Malthouse Theatre production of Lorca’s BLOOD WEDDING, in Melbourne. I cooked for my cast mates most nights after the show and in between matinee and evening shows! In April-June 2013 I co-starred in Griffin Theatre production of THE BULL, THE MOON AND THE CORONET OF STARS. I cooked with my cast mate every day whilst on tour.
Love for food never leaves me!